Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MSP Gantt to Powerpoint

10 replies [Last post]
Ray Messinger
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
What is the best way to copy the MSP schedule view, including the gantt chart into a PowerPoint file.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Replies

Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
I do not know if any free software can do it.
I think that the money spent in acrobat writer are worth it for the all the capabilities of the software.

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Luca, your suggest need software Adobe Acrobat, free software Acrobat Reader cannot help.
btw, besides Adobe Acrobat, any free software can convert PDF to JPG?
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Did u try to print in pdf.
Then openm the pdf file as "save as" with a tiff og jpg type.
It will generate few graphic files (as the number of pages of the pdf files).
Then You can insert into powerpoint.

Easy and if after the meeting they just ask you the schedule you have already the file ready.
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 20 weeks ago. Offline
Get a copy of Snagit from http://www.techsmith.com/. You wil be able to copy what you want including scrolling etc and paste into PowerPoint or anything else.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers, Training & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Ray Messinger
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
I ended up writing a macro that loops thru the schedule page-by-page using the copyPicture function to copy to a powerPoint file.
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Alternatively, you could use a hyperlink on your PP slide to launch MSP, this is particurlarly useful if you need to show a number of views.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Press key Alt+PrintScreen, then paste in Powerpoint. Hope this suggestion simple and direct.
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Ray
One method which I use do that copy select all activity of MSP and then copy as picture. It will creat GIF file that you can in prower point.Hope this will work for you also.

Raj