Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Mystery Graphic

9 replies [Last post]
Ray Messinger
User offline. Last seen 4 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have been given a MSP schedule that includes a mystery graphic. An arrow shows up on print-outs & in print-preview but is nowhere to be found in the Gantt chart.

Has this happened to anyone else? How does one get gid of it?

Replies

Denise Chapple
User offline. Last seen 10 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Ray
There is a toolbar to switch drawing mode on. I suspect that in your case it has been switch on an arrow drawn and switched off again. Sometimes something that can be seen in one view can’t be seen in another ie. different colours between standard gantt and tracking gantt. So your arrow could be several years away from where you think it is. If you try changing the timescale to years often that brings a mystery drawing item into focus.
Denise Chapple
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
I think, it is a problem of that particular view. Crate a new veiw with the similar layout,I hope you will get rid of these type of problem.

Raj
ABHIJIT CHITRE
User offline. Last seen 13 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
1) A particular activity must have been written in different font.
2)Else it must have got in while copy past operation form some other application (excel)for a particular feild/activity.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
May be the graphic is in transparent mode, so you cannot find it on screen.
If you activate the graphic drawing mode, select the whole area, it may be selected.
Ray Messinger
If I could select it I could delete it. As it is, there is nothing visible to select. It is only visible on print preview and print-outs.

I did finaly get rid of it by selectively deleting tasks until it went away. I just don’t understand how it happened.
MK TSE
If by the object format, send to the top/front, can it be view on screen? Current setting may be send to back.
Ray Messinger
This is a drawing object. Graphic arrow.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Either you check the bar styles or you might have included deadline dates.
MK TSE
What type of arrow?