Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Consecutive postings

8 replies [Last post]
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 6 hours 32 min ago. Offline

Is it possible to setup the postings so that whenever a PP member attempts to enter consecutive postings within a certain time frame (say 20 minutes) the system will issue a warning it might be a duplicate and not accept the second until a response by the user is received?

If I want to place two consecutive postings on the same thread let it be but making sure it is on purpose and not by error.

If the communication is slow and I press the save button several times, will the system save different postings for every time I enter the save key?

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Admin

How much do you need?

I will contribute to get a simple delete button on a rogue entry.

Best regards

Mike T.

Hello Thanks for the reminder and suggestions. We have all clubbed together to get the monies to hire a developer to have the SAVE button disabled after it has been pressed the first time. Hopefully they can implement it in the coming weeks. This should solve the problem for those who are experiencing it. Thanks. PP Team
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi All

As a moderator it is very tiresome to delete duplicate entries but Admin don't seem to bother about it.

In order to draw their attention to the problem last year I hit the save button as many times as I could to see how many duplicates I could create - it was 37 and I had made my point.

Someone in admin had to delete them all but all they did was give me roasting for doing it - didn't change a thing.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Clint Marquez
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks now I know why it duplicates, the "save" button shall hit at one time only.
Must ignore the 2nd "save" button appeared after the first.

Thanks again.

Clint Marquez
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hi to all,

It happened to all my post, it duplicates.
I hope not today when commenting this thread.

Thanks & More power, PP!

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Gary

Can the webmaster not include the words "please hit the save button only ones, and wait until the posting has been processed"?

Johannes

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 6 hours 32 min ago. Offline

Shure it can be tedious, especially when people post a new thread several times and others post thir comments on different such threads.

To me it is more about following a single topic split on several discussions at the same time, everyone speaking at the same time, no doubt you both are doing a great job.

Good Luck

Rafael

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Rafael,

Yes -each time you click on the "save" button, the same message will be posted again.

I don't know if there is a technical fix for it, but that would be great. -90% or more of the time Mike and I spend moderating the site is deleting these duplicate postings. It can become quite tedious.