Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

pp Wiki - Inherent Fundamental Problems

2 replies [Last post]
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi All

I have been looking at the entries in the pp Wiki and I have a horrible feeling that it may well got the way of the original Wikipedia where anyone can put in any kind of nonsense and gullible people believe it to be true.

Is anybody validating what is being posted?

Another problem is that planning methods are being entered without reference to the software that is needed to perform the sequence - the entry on Hammocks is an example of this.

There is a potential copyright problem where large chunks of published material is set down without acknowledgement and presumably without permission - the Delay and Disruption Protocol is an example of this.

The fact that anyone can get to an entry and change it has potential problems.

What happens if the advice in a pp wiki entry is changed irresponsibly.

The changed entry is then followed by a junior planner and it goes horrible wrong with a big finacial fall out?

Who is responsible?

I would suggest that the wiki site be suspended for a while so that the pp Admin can review these fundamental matters.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks for this. We will talk to the legal boys and see what they suggest.

In addition...

We do need to sort out some content moderators / reviewers.

We do have controls in place to ensure that the changing of data is secure and that all data is essentialy non-deletable.

The Wiki has a robust change-control system in place, that keeps a complete audit trail of who does what etc. It also has an equally good revert-to-an-earlier-version function in case of damage by a member.

Thanks for this. We will look into it. Well spotted.

PP Admin
Andrew Pearce
User offline. Last seen 1 year 31 weeks ago. Offline
I tend to agree with Mike on this one.
The copyright issue is a particular risk to the website.
What we need is a way of storing/distributing usefull planning advice, programme templates, case studies etc.