Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Procurment Weight Factor problems..

3 replies [Last post]
Jenny Ingco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

As we know Each discipline is divided into several procurement packages and the weighted value of each procurement package is the ratio of the estimated cost required for each procurement package to the cost required for each discipline.
Dividing the procurement package into the stages for measuring the progress each package is divided into various milestone stages and measured by those activities. For example raise RFQ - 10%, Bid evaluation - 20%, Issue PO - 10%, Complete Factory test - 40%, Deliver to site - 10%, Accepted by client - 10%.
But what happend if "Accepted by client activity - 10%" dosn't Accept the by the clint and they returne all invoice for us and we have to redo the all thing again which cost us ManHours and more money. So, how I can add this in my schedule I mean can I add one more activity to show if the Client refuse our perchse order PO? and how much it weight???

Thank you,

HANSON

Replies

Arend Woltjer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi hanson,

On activities you could use activity steps with a specific weight and add comments if needed.

Or use WBS milestones when you have your schedule organised in a WBS structure. 

Milestones are assigned at the WBS level, and each milestone is given a weight that indicates its importance to the project schedule. When you mark a WBS milestone as complete, the module uses its weight to calculate the performance percent complete of all activities included in the WBS level. That is, the performance percent complete is applied to all activities under that WBS level and then rolled back up to the WBS.

To redo the whole process when products are not accepted simply copy the activity or wbs node from a copy of your project or make templates.

Regards,

Arend

Jenny Ingco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Vladimir,

Thank you very much I will think about this idea and ask our clint.

I would apply weight to Acceptance milestones.

If not accepted percents are not earned and additional activities are required.

In Spider Project we call it conditional scheduling.