Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Milestone Activities with invalid relationships

2 replies [Last post]
Akhilesh Nadgauda
User offline. Last seen 14 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Guys,

I performed the following steps on P6:

1. Export P6 schedule from Project A into excel.
2. Import activities and activity relationship from Project A excel spreadsheet into Project B.

Then, I ran a P6 schedule and was going through the log. I noticed that the log said "Milestone Activities with invalid relationships". These were the milestones that I had imported from another project.

Do you know why this error message showed up? The activity codes and relationships seems to look exactly like the old project.

Please help!!

Thanks.

Replies

Akhilesh Nadgauda
User offline. Last seen 14 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
That makes sense, will check it out. Thanks!
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Akhilesh,
Check the milestone if Start Milestone or Finish Milestone. If previous link is FS or FF to Finish Milestone it will create invalid relationship. By default P6 excel import Milestone as Start Milestone that produce this error.