Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Milestone Activities with invalid relationships?

4 replies [Last post]
ladi sodipo
User offline. Last seen 7 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
I get this error in my schedule log and i cant determine what relationships are invalid in my plan, wondering if this is a common error in p5 and how best to fix this, any suggestions.

Replies

Garry Macdonald
User offline. Last seen 6 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
It happens when you have a finish milestone with a FS relationship to another finish milestone. This should be a FF relationship. Its a similar fix with start milestones etc.
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
it depends if it is a start milestone or a finish milestone, you have to assign corresponding relationship for start and or finish, ask yourself if it is valid to assign a FF for a start milestone?
Satya Narayana
User offline. Last seen 10 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
If you have FS relationships with in the mile stones this is displayed as invalid relation ship in schedule log/report.

This is one of the cases.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Ladi
Don’t worry! For milestones not all relationships are available. If an activity had a different type before you may have assigned an not allowad relation. For scheduling start or finish of a milestone is the same. Until now I never found a susequent error to this one. Just ignore it.
Regards
Dieter