Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

what mean ? Activities with unsatisfied relationships / Milestone Activities with invalid relationships

4 replies [Last post]
young tae oh
User offline. Last seen 10 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

2014_02_25_16_46_47_1.png

hi daer.

I am  a scheduler of primaver p6 , and I running sch botton, find log file .

log file was written " Activities with unsatisfied relationships  " " Milestone Activities with invalid relationships"

I want to know the detailed information , what mean ?

and Please, show me a example  of that  or explain  and video

thank for your kindly answer 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 2 hours ago. Offline

Nick the type of relationships has mothing to do if its a milestone or not  

Nick Jackson
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Here's an interesting point referring to Ron's reply. When you run your project through a QSRA, of course if you have too high % of SS or FF relatiionships (over 10%) it will be marked down. So effectively you are punished for having too many milestones.

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Ron:

What you say makes sense, though in truth, I never thought about it.  However, I'm not getting any error message (Invalid Relationship) though I have several FS connections to a Finish Milestone.  I'm using P6 8.3.  Just curious.  Thanks.

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Invalid Relationships are relationships referring to parts of a milestone that are not there.  Does a Start Milestone have a finish date? NO, so it should not have a Finish-to-start successor relationship.  There is no finish date to ‘attach’ the relationship to.

On the other hand, dies a Finish Milestone have a start date?  NO, so it should not have a Finish-to-start predecessor.  P6 will let you assign this relationships, but this report will flag them.