Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Update Start & Finish Date Time problem

5 replies [Last post]
yalçın güner
User offline. Last seen 41 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi All,

I have a problem about update my schedule. When I imported my actual dates from excel to primavera, I see my actual start & finish column shows 00:00 time format Even though my works time starts 08:00 and finish 16:00. This couses unexpected variance.

For Example Although my baseline start & Finish 10-oct-16 08:00 , 14-oct-16 16:00 my imported actual dates shows 10-oct-16 00:00 , 14-oct-16 00:00 and this couses "variance- bl1 finish date" column show "1d" variance

I want to find a way to fix this automaticly like global change or format change. I tried approximately 3-4 hours on it and I didn't get any result.

Plesae share me any idea of you about this.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

yes that is what I do also you have to put the apostrophe (') in there and I also use the  CONCENTENATE command but you can use the & to combine 2 cells together instead of using Concentenate. 

But you got the jist of how to do it now

yalçın güner

I have changed my date's format in excel before import to primavera. First I have to convert my date to Text via apostrophe('). Then I have used columns that 8:00:00 AM for start and 4:00:00 PM for finish. Then I have linked up date field and time field via CONCENTENATE command. 

For example Date(20-oct-2016) which in a cell and Time(_8:00:00 AM) in b cell in excel

'a&b= '20-oct-2016 8:00:00 AM 

Then our dates get ready to import correctly.

Not : I have used visual basic editor to add apostrophe in each cell because of format problem that our date's format changes from date to custom like that 426663 8:00:00 AM.

Zoltan Palffy

do tell what you did 

yalçın güner

Thank you zolan. I have found another way to fix this before import dates.

Zoltan Palffy

why did you not fix the time correctly BEFORE you imported it. So export the activities to excel where the status is not equal to not started. This will give you actual and inprogress activities make sure to include the actual start and finish columns. Now in the actual start column highlight that column and select find and replace. Now in the find portion type in the incorrect time 00:00 and in the replace portion type in 8:00 then select replace all. Now do the same for the data in the actual finish column find and replace and in the find portion type in the incorrect time 00:00 and in the replace portion type in 16:00 then select replace all.

save the file import back into p6 

also turn on your duration decimals and make sure that you do not have any fractions of days only whole days. Also check any constraints ALL start constraints should start at 8:00 AM and all finish constraints should finish at 16:00 PM.

Also check the project must finish by date the TIME should be 16:00 

Also check the data date time this should be 8:00 AM