Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

(Physical % linked to actual cost) not linked to RD

8 replies [Last post]
James Braghini
User offline. Last seen 13 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Here another issue we have come across. We need to be able to input the Physical complete % so that actual costs are based on that percentage. We want remaining duration to be manually inputted without any links to actual costs and precent complete. We have use different combinations but cannot find the right ones. Has anyone been able to find the right combination to do this?

James B.

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
James
Sorry for late reply.

To translate the Autocost Rules of P3 into P6 parameters, you’ll better read pages 76 to 89 within the pdf "From P3 to P6" on your documentation cd. There are some helpful screenshots as well.

Automatted run of Global Changes: This is one of current requests from German EPC contractors to Primavera.

Regards

Dieter
James Braghini
Mimoune:

Thanks for your help. Does anyone know how to make a global change permanant so we do not have to "apply changes" everytime?

James B.
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 5 years 2 days ago. Offline
James

to be honest James, i am very new to P6,( in work,we use only P3, and an in house software to evaluate physical progress).

but as far as i know, there is no dynamic links yet in primavera products.

good luck with your update;

mimoune
James Braghini
Mimoune:

It works however, we will need to do an "apply change" to both of the new global changes to make this work. Do you concur and have a way to get around the "apply change"?

Thanks,
James B.
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 5 years 2 days ago. Offline
perhaps this link will answer your question

http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?fid=&Cat=8&Top=45317

HTH
James Braghini
Dieter:

Sorry about just now getting back to you. The company I work for is used to in P3 having the autocost rule unlinked between remaining duration and percent complete, with the percent complete time the budgeted cost determining the actual costs. There are so many combinations in P6 we cannot find one that does what I described above. Do you know of any combinations?

Thanks in advance,
James B.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
James

in my opinion this combination is not possible. But what’s the business’ background?
Do you have costs which are not related to resources?

Regards
Dieter
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi James,

Go to Enterprise --> Project, select your current project. From Project detail, select Calculation Tabs, Resource Assignments, remove the check next to "Recalculate Actual Units and Cost when duration % complete changes".

HTH.

Arnold