Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Rolling Up of % Complete at WBS Level

No replies
hussein obey
User offline. Last seen 13 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Rolling up the same at WBS levels (execluding Performance % Complete which is purely connected to the WBS - but needs additional updation to the new Milestones under the WBS):

There were two ways as in P3: 1) Duration 2) Weight (Cost or Units)

Duration Case:

Item Duration %
WBS 18d 20% = 100*(0.5*5 + 0.1*15)/20

Activity 1 5d 50%

Activity 2 15d 10%

Cost or (Weight) Case:

Item Duration Cost %
WBS 18d 1500 36.7% = 100*(0.5*1000 + 0.1*500)/1500

Activity 1 5d 1000 50%

Activity 2 15d 500 10%

These two options were simply available in P3 ...

But now in P6 it is done that way (exactly copied from the manual):

[(Summary Current Original Duration – Summary Remaining Duration) / Summary Current Original Duration] * 100

Now, please me ask my question if any one can help me ...

I dont believe that a powerfull tool was available in P3 now canceled in P6 ... Till now I only doubt my knowledge ...

So, please if anyone can help me to find out how I can automatically get the weighted progress the way described in Case 2 above as we used to apply it in P3.

Thank you very much.