Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Scheduling without actual units

2 replies [Last post]
Beck Lee
User offline. Last seen 15 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I am wanting to progress schedules without recording actuals (as the PMO maturity isn’t there yet and the interface with the timesheeting system is yet to come).. I have set all resources to NOT auto-compute actuals, yet when I progress activities, actual units still appear..

I have task dependant activities with fixed duration and units/time (as I want remaining units to = remaining duration * original units/time).. Do I have to run a global change to clear out actual units?.. have I set up the activities correctly to acheive this simple progressing method?

I am using P6.1

Thanks,

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

If you want that your Actual Units will remain zero during progress, you must have to go to Project, select your current project. In Project Detail Tab select Calculations and uncheck “Recalculate Actual Units and Cost when duration % complete changes”.

Activity Type = Task Dependent and Duration Type must be equal to “Fixed Duration & Units”. However, if your Duration Type = Fixed Duration and Units/Time, during progress the Actual Units = 0 and “At Completion Units” is equal to “Remaining Units” and is not equal to “Budgeted Units”.

Arnold
Qiu Wei
User offline. Last seen 13 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
I think the most of problem is when we fixed the durations and unit/times,the autual units will go with the %comp