Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Activy Level Notes

1 reply [Last post]
Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am used to in P3.1 to using notes via the RHS of the activity bar. I have found a way to do this in P5 but now unsure whether this is the best way as its not very good.

I have written my notes in the Note book and current status field. I have added this to the bar on RHS. This looks good except sometimes its very difficult to read the whole description as dragging the window refuses to show one word. The other problem and really critical is that when I add a new activity and re-sort I lose the formatting for the note and they totally disappear.

Any ideas on best practice? Cheers.

Replies

Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
You tend to loose formats and layouts in many ways in P5 and even in P6. As for the notes, I had faced a similar problem. The solution I have is not to use the Notebook notes for this purpose. Use user_texts instead. You can display user_texts both in bar chart area and in spreadsheet area. This works really well for me.