Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Adding Notes in Primavera 6.2

3 replies [Last post]
Ruel Camaquin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

Guys,

Just like to know how can i add some note to the scheduled output (printout) prior to printing, putting in notes in the notes tab doesn't reflect the note or message conveyed on the final printout. Or how do we put footnotes in the schedule prior to printing?

This due to the fact that not all companies here in Manila, Philippines are not yet using P6 and what we submits to our client are PDF copy of the report.

Many Thanks PP!

Ruel

Replies

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Ruel,

If you just want to put a single note for your whole prinout, then you can Click on Page Setup in print priview and add a custom text in footer tab.

You can see it in the highlted boxes below :

untitled.png

Regards

Amit Parmar

Checkout my blog on Primavera at http://www.primaverablog.in

Ruel Camaquin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Shane,

I already tried that but my boss do not want to add another column to his report, he wanted to report to be self explanatory as he submits it as our client sees it.

again many Thanks!

Ruel

Shane Mitchell-Ba...
User offline. Last seen 13 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Ruel,

If you add a user text field and call it 'notes' you will then be able to add a column for printing.

This works ok when the notes are not very detailed, or if you simply want to reference a controlled document, but you cannot add a hyperlink or insert an entire file.

Hope that helps.

Shane