Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Displaying Calender Days

4 replies [Last post]
Brian Beck
User offline. Last seen 10 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Has anyone been able to display calander days in P5 when a 5 day work week is designated as the project calander.

Replies

Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Bri,

Rodel is right, but is using UDF’s is just a frig, P5 won’t do what you want I’m afraid.

Whomever you are showing the plan to can just look at start and finish dates to get an idea of the calendar duration.

Oliver
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Brian,

You can use User Defined Fields and update that using Global change or import the data from excel spreadsheets. That will do the trick.

Regards,
Rodel
Brian Beck
User offline. Last seen 10 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks for the info. Oliver.

What I’m trying to do is display calender days under original duration or a similar column. I’m running into some confusion when presenting my schedules that are based on a 5 day 40hr work week. If there is any way to take the overall time from the start date to finish date and display that, that would work.
Oliver Melling
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Brian,

You can only show original duration and duration.

You can’t show the elapsed calendar days.

Also, P5 calculates durations based on the equivalant hours entered spread across the no of ’hours per period’ in the admin preferences, so if you use multiple calendars with different number of hours per period, then the duration columns won’t show the correct duration for all actvities.

Oliver