Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calender - To have a print out of the working days for a calender

6 replies [Last post]
Tim Readman
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

I have often been requested for the contract calender we are using on the project  showing the working days based on the contract, taking out non working days, public holidays, festivals, etc etc. Back in P3 days we could have a calender which showed the working days but this did not come with the P6 (now version 7.). I  now have to rely on excel to come to the rescue but has anyone got any where with Oracle of putting this feature back into the new versions. Has anyone got another solution? Reports?

Regards

Tim Readman

Replies

Jia Qian
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

They will improve the software a little bit in every new version............

Tim Readman

Thank you guys,

P3 .. cumbersome way to get a print out.. bbuy yes works but P3 only works in a 32bit computer.. but yes I have doen it that wat.

Th Powerproject ,, yes it works but Power Project as I can see only goes to week numbers is that correct pauL?

MSP ,, tried that but cannot get it in the Calender view to show working day numbers, ??

Regards

Tim

Oracle  ... why don'yt then improve their software to suit planners!!

Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Export to P3 and print from there , Or

Export to MSP ..good option--selecect calendar view and print , you can customize months per page etc ,nice and clean print.

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 16 weeks ago. Offline

You could import into Asta PowerProject and use the print calendar function (which is missing from P6).

Regards

Paul E Harris

Tim Readman

Mike,

Interesting solution, i can export a calender view but only a month at a time or could get a claender with spreadsheet view  with ordinal days but it will not printout with a non working days. The first image is what is required in excel and what you can get viw P6 calender and and spreadsheet view. I would like to see your slotion if you would to email?

Tim

excel_for_feb_showing_non_working_days.jpg
calender_view_per_month.jpg

calender_view.jpg

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Tim

If you are talking about the calendar view on the screen you can always capture ii using Print Screen and then paste to Word for editing.

In PowerPoint there is a text report generator that will do this for you in excell.

Best regards

Mike Testro