Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Critical Path - Graph like S-Curve

3 replies [Last post]
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi everyone.

I have to make the graph of the critical path but in a lineal type of graph like s-curve...how i can do that in P3 or excel?...i need a good explanation please...is urgent!!!

Thanks...

Replies

Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Vishnu...sorry but the requeriment was ask to me bad...the people that ask it only need the S-curve but they have a wrong idea.

thanks
Sreejish Vishnu
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Hi Orozco,

I dont know if I understood your requirement correctly. Let me put it this way, - you need to have the critical activities one after the other arranged in terms of the early start/ finish dates.

This can be done by
1.Format - organize - Select activity data item - then remove all items under heading ’group by’
2.Under sort by - selct early start or early finish - order by ascend or descend

3. go to filter - and select the critical activities with the condition you have for the criticality (total float less than 5 or total float = 0 or whatever)

This will give you all critical activities listed one after the other.

I’m not sure whether this is what you are looking for.
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 36 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi Orozco i am not sure about P3 but could do in a spreadsheet by selecting the activities respective durations followed by early dates .Generally this sort of procedure is called line of balance