Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Which industries do planning professionals work in? (other than construction)

3 replies [Last post]
Srinath Sadam
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I'm interested in a career in planning, but am also wondering if they can work in many industries? I know they work in construction and oil and gas. But what other industries? I'm interested in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, renewables and others.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

yes Mike it was intentional 

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Zoltan

Thats a bit global - All industries may have planners but not in the same way that construction companies do.

As far as I am aware the industries that use similar planning methods as construction are pharmaceutical - shipbuilding - aerospace - that is anything that has a linear process with multiple flow lines converging to a single product.

But once the schedule is set then it doesn't change unless there is a change to the product.

Best regards

Mike T.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

all