Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6_V.7.0 - ACTUAL LABOR UNIT/ACTUAL COST

5 replies [Last post]
filippo rando
User offline. Last seen 12 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

Why actual Labor Units & Actual Cost change in the previus month when I Schedule Data Date to next moths?

Example :

Data Date = 31 December 11 ; Actual Labor Units = 100h ; Actual Cost = 100k

I Schedule the project with data date 31 Jannuary 2012 and input my progress with new value for Actual Labor units 150h and actual cost 150k

The problem is that the previus month with data date at 31 december 11 the actual labor units change in 90h and the actual costs are 80.. How I Can freeze all value of the previus months???

I can try to use Store perid performance editing all value but don't work

grazie

ciao

filippo

Replies

D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Send me an xer file. Delete activities, just include some activities with problems. I will investigate.  Send me at engr.adrianne@gmail.com

sadegh usman
User offline. Last seen 11 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

To ALL,

while waiting for the real solutions you can use userdefine add column to install your data,this will unchange your previous data.

filippo rando
User offline. Last seen 12 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

after assigned resourse to the activities,  you can input in budget cost columns the related cost as per resources/acttivity and it does work as hours budget . also you can work in activity table 'status' in labor unit box click right mouse and schoose labor cost.

if you have any solution for my problem write me please

ciao

filippo

orlando bryan
User offline. Last seen 7 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

I am trying to find a solution to very same problem, i would like to know how to prevent historical cost to remain unchanged. Is there a method of inputing period actual cost?

orlando bryan
User offline. Last seen 7 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

I am trying to find a solution to very same problem, i would like to know how to prevent historical cost to remain unchanged. Is there a method of inputing period actual cost?