Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

budgeted labor and non-labor units

5 replies [Last post]
bhadri vakacherla
User offline. Last seen 11 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
can anybody provide me some basic information abt these units... when to use either of them? also i would like to know.. if there are any standards for productivity rates being followed world-wide....

Replies

Comert Vardar
User offline. Last seen 12 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
so problem is the definition of 'budgeted' which means total number of hours, cubicmeter or anyother units we will spend to complete that activity. So it is not related to any standards but to your activity and project. if you calculated that eartwork activity needs 3000 m3 soil and 300 manhours to be completed than your budgeted units 3000m3 for excavator and 300manhours for labor resources. Comert
J Karthik Kumer
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

yes, i also same doubt

Nikhil Menkudale
User offline. Last seen 6 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
In primavera 5.0 we have 3 types of resources- labor , non-labor & material.
Non- labor resource means the machineries which will be used for performing activity. e.g.- Crane.
When you assign a resource to activity, the work effort required to complete the activity is calculated OR user can enter the same depending upon percent complete type of the activity.- tht is what called as budgetted units (planned work-effort)
If resource is labor then these units are budgetted labor units & for non-labor resource those are budgetted non-labor units . Also you can give budgetted units to activities without assigning a resource to the activity.

Hope this will clarify your doubt.

If you still want to know in detail you can call me on my cell no. - 09892975944
OR u can mail me on
nmenkudale@gmail.com
bhadri vakacherla
User offline. Last seen 11 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi nikhil,

let me explain you what i was asking...
In primavera, when we enter resources, we need to enter in terms of labor units and non-labor units...

I wanted to know which one should be used and when...
for instance, there is an activity called earthwork...
if i have to enter the resource, it will be abor working for hours.. so manhours.. however if i hav to enter that a machine is doing excavation ... how should i enter.. that means i need the standard producitivity rate out of either of the options...

so i wanted to know if there are any standard rates being followed world wide... ?

to give an example : a productivity rate may be mentioned as 1 person can do 3 cu.m earthwork in a day...
a machine can excavate 10 cum in an hour.. and so...

and my next questions..
wht are the definitions of budgeted labor units and non-labor units?
Nikhil Menkudale
User offline. Last seen 6 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
I did not understand ur question . What do u really want to know ?