Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New Primavera EPS can't be created !!!

12 replies [Last post]
Mohammed Ali
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I deleted the EPS in Primavera 15.1, where primavera accepted to delete all nodes, now I have no records in the EPS, it is completely empty.

How can I create a new one if the add button (+) is not available and Primavera doesn't allow to add any new EPS records? 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

gladi Could help

Mohammed Ali

It works very well.

Thank you for all of your help.

Zoltan Palffy

you are welcome 

Mohammed Ali

Thank you for your time and efforts.

I will apply your suggestions and give you a feedback.

Zoltan Palffy

I agree that an EPS should only be able to be deleted from the EPS screen however if you delete and EPS then the eps and everything under it gets deleted as well projects and any sub ESP structure

Steven Auld
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Zoltan,

Agree with everything you are saying, with the exception of Deletions of the EPS Nodes.

Whilst EPS Nodes SHOULD be deleted through the Enterprise menu settings, Primavera will allow for these to be deleted from the Projects Screen (although it probably shouldn't).

EPS Nodes are saved in the database in exactly the same way as Projects, except that they have the Project Flag set to No instead of Yes for Projects.

Within the database, if you change this flag from N (EPS) to Y (Project) then refresh the Project Screen, the EPS Code will convert to a Project (although not recommended to do this & can only be done within the database itself and not within the Primavera Software).

If someone with Admin rights accidentally deleted an EPS node from the Project Screen, then the option to add it back in would not be available from this screen, as the EPS can only be added via the Enterprise EPS Menu (as we both stated), as this is the only way to set the Project Flag to the correct value.

It would be better if Primavera did not allow the EPS Nodes to be deleted from the Project Screen, as this also deletes ALL the Projects that are under that EPS Node at the same time, however the software will unfortunately allow this to be done.

Steven

Zoltan Palffy

The hierarchy is EPS then Projects. The projects are UNDER the EPS

The of the EPS as your whole company and within that company maybe you have different divisions or sectors and with in each division or sector are the actual individual projects

EPS = ..........................MY COMPANY

...Geographical area ................West Coast Divisions

.......Type of Sector .................................Education

...........Individual Project .................................Madison High School

...........Individaul Project .................................Valley High School

.......Sector.................................................Industrial

.............Individaul Project ................................Water Treatment Plant 

....Geographical area ..................East Coast Divisions

............Type of Sector .................................Education

.................Induviaul Project ..............................Middletown High School

all additions and deletions are done thru 

Enterprise

Enterprise Structure

to be able to do this you need admin super user rights 

you have to have project privilege 'Add/Edit/Delete EPS Except Cost/Financials

depending on the version

there are 2 two solutions to allowi the user to see their EPS hierarchy structure, and  the ability to create new EPS nodes under their hierarchy 

Solition #1 Under Administration, Users select the user and under Project Access tab assign an OBS Responsible Manager assignment.

Solution #2 From Project Security Profile assign the Privilege 'Add/Edit/Delete EPS Except Cost/Financials' to the user's assigned Project Security Profile name.

The The two solutions for allowing the user to 1) see their EPS hierarchy structure, and 2) the ability to create new EPS nodes under their hierarchy is solved by following:

Steven Auld

Zoltan,

The reply before my comment:

"Thank you for your reply

.Suppose that I'm the adminstrator what should I do to solve this issue?"

Led me to believe that he has Administrator Access.

When you delete all EPS Codes, the + button to Add Projects is greyed out, but you add the EPS from the Enterprise Menu options.

I had taken it to be a bit of confusion between adding Projects & adding EPS Nodes, as you can delete an EPS Node from the Project Screen, but you cannot add it back in from that screen.

If this is not the case, then apologies for any confusion caused.

Steven

Zoltan Palffy

you do not have admin rigths to do so. Get them changed 

Steven Auld

In the Applicaton Menu - Go to "Enterprise" & select "Enterprise Project Structure".

In the popup box select "Add" then create new base level EPS code.

Regards,

Steven

Mohammed Ali

Thank you for your reply

.Suppose that I'm the adminstrator what should I do to solve this issue?

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Sounds like your database administrator has put in some rather obscure security pvileges. That is, you can delete, but cannot create.

You need to contact your DB administrator and find out why you cannot create EPS nodes.