Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New to Delay Analysis—Seeking Immediate Guidance, Please

No replies
Md Sakib Islam
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Greetings to everyone

Hi

I am currently working on a delay analysis, and to be very honest, this is my first time tackling such a task. I am feeling quite stuck and could really need some help. I would be incredibly grateful if anyone could offer me some advice or pointers.
Here in UAE, we noticed a delay, during Ramadan time.our time has reduced from 8 hours a day to 6 hours a day. but we were getting work permit only for 3 hours a day.
So how can I estimate in Primavera that which activity is getting affected by this and by how much duration it is getting affected. Please help.

Renzo Constenla B...
User offline. Last seen 3 days 5 hours ago. Offline

Hello

the solution is that mentioned by Mr. Kelly.

Just to indicate that this problematic (time deviation, delay analysis, extension of time, etc) related to  forensic analysis is very interesting in planning/scheduling. There are several approaches to time impact analysis. Try with AACE recommended practices (among others).

Regards

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 4 days 2 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Take a baseline.

Annotate all of the activities, perhaps with a code value, that have had their working day reduced to 3 hours

Run a Global Change, which alters the calendar of those activities to three hours per day

Reschedule

Baseline reports will show deviations cuased by the reduction of working hours

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 4 days 2 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Take a baseline.

Annotate all of the activities, perhaps with a code value, that have had their working day reduced to 3 hours

Run a Global Change, which alters the calendar of those activities to three hours per day

Reschedule

Baseline reports will show deviations cuased by the reduction of working hours