Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Seeking the way to define Progress Measuring Method in Primavera P6

1 reply [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi to all, I have got new project & the project's scope is to rectify & renovate the Buildings. Here my Baseline schedule has been approved as per given Finish milestones by client & i loaded appropriate Manhours upon my experience because there is no any Bill of Quantity & Unit Rates, furthermore i dont have rates for applying the correct Manhours for Demolition/Rectification therefore based on experience i reached at destination. Now whenever i am showing my progress as per Earned Manhours to client so they are objecting & they are not happy with my Overall Actual Progress %, According to me its 26.50% & according to client its 15.00%. Now in the meeting client asked that measure your progress based on Duration & here is the question that how to measure the Overall progress based on Duration ? Do anyone advise me that how to measure overall progress based on Duration ? Thanks in advance...... :)   

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

the easy way is to use a software program called xertoolkit with an xer file 
https://www.xertoolkit.co.uk/

another way is strictly buy dividing the total number of days of the project by the day number of the data date

lets say the project is 300 calendar days in duration when your data date is at day number 150 you are 50% complete because 1/2 of your overall duration has been expended.

my suggestion would be for the client to explain to you how he derived at the 15% figure.

If you have properly manloaded your activities with manhours and they have approved the manhours by an approved baseline schedule then you can see how many manhours you have earned based on and activity by activity level. So if you have 1 activity with 100 budgeted manhours and you are 50% complete with that activity then you earned 50 manhours.

When you total all of the actual earned manhours divided by your total budgeted manhours this will give your your overall % complete.