Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Microsoft Project Updating - 2 Weeks Only

3 replies [Last post]
Shane Kelly
User offline. Last seen 6 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All, 

My boss has asked me to provide an update of project porgress for a 2 week timeframe only. This would range from the status date + 2 weeks. When using the 'date range' filter it shows activities that start in this timeframe and finish after it. Is it possible to create a filter to show work complete only in this timeframe. An activity that finishes after this could be 100% complete only within this timeframe but not 100% complete in real terms. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated? 

Kind Regards

S.K

Replies

Prial Handig
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Shane,

One way to do that is to set a baseline of your project and create a filter:

Field Name: "Baseline Finish"

Test: "is less than or equal to"

Value: input the date two weeks ahead from your status date (i.e., if the date today is 2 May '18, then input "16 May '18")

That will show you all the activities that should be completed before and on 16 May '18.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

PH

Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

finish_date_filter.jpg

Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

finish_date_filter.jpg