Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

14.8 weeks - i want it to say 15 weeks

3 replies [Last post]
Emma Trescott
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello :-)

How do i get the duration to show just whole numbers e.g. 15w not 14.8w

The project is Mon to Fri 9-5pm.

I need to show the completion date as a friday not a sunday but still have the week as a whole number.

I have Sat & Sun as none working days in the project calendar.

Some tasks it works and some it doesn't and i can't undersatand why.

Please help :-)

Thanks

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline

I do not have MSP but used it before.  Similar to other software I expect task hours/day be a function of the task calendar instead of the main calendar,  this relationship can be further complicated with calendar exceptions, not sure if this is captured in the proposed formula.  As I do not have MSP this you have to figure it out yourself. 

To make changes to the calendar "Week starts on:" see (click) the following link.

https://www.siliconbeachtraining.co.uk/blog/change-calendar-microsoft-project-2010

Change-MSP-Calendar-Options

Hope this can give you a clue.

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 3 days 1 hour ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Emma,

Please revise the question and try to be clear.  You've implied about 3 or 4 competing issues here.