Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Shifts and displaces in Project

6 replies [Last post]
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi.

Mi question is:

How i can create in Microsoft Project, Shifts of 8 hours?
And How i can create or use the state line, when i wanna know or see in the screen of muy work bars the displace of the activities if it don’t start or finish to the programmed date?.

Thanks

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 4 hours ago. Offline
Jhorbam,
To update the Project and move the bars of activities that don’t start or finish to programmed date select Tools-> Tracking->Update Projects. Tick Reschedule uncompleted works to start after (enter the status date or cut-off) then click Ok.
To show the status line, right click on the Gantt chart area and select Gridlines then find Status Line. Change the type to solid line or any presentation you want to see on the screen. Change the color to blue or any color you wanted and click Ok.
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
Hi Rodel Thanks 4 the information....well, i continue waiting the help to the second part of my original post = "And How i can create or use the state line, when i wanna know or see in the screen of muy work bars the displace of the activities if it don’t start or finish to the programmed date?."

THANKSSSSS
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 4 hours ago. Offline
Jhorbam,
Select Tools-> Change Working Time
Under For: change to Night Shift then change the working time per shift - From and To as required

Note: MSP don’t accept passing to 12:00 o’clock cycle twice:
Ex: 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM - 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM - 10:00 PM to 12:AM only because exceeding to that is another day.

If required different from working hour you need to create different calendar for each shift allocated on each resource.
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
Hi...well i wanna create the follow.

Shift 1. 6am to 1:59pm
Shift 2. 2pm to 9:59pm
Shift 3. 10pm to 5:59am

And i wanna have the 3 shifts working the same day...i tried but Project don’t save the changes in my calendar.

Well...Can someone help me?
Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline
Have you saved a Baseline?
Have you seen the Tracking Gantt View and the Tracking Table?
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Dear J,

The working hours (shift) is specified in the Calender.

With kind regards,

Samer