Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resorce Inputing

2 replies [Last post]
mukunda y
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi

I am facing when inputing the resources facing problem, I have 15days duration, when i put 1500Hrs duration also changing, i got confused can anybody solve my problem
Thanks

Replies

mukunda y
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
s Thanks lot Paul
now it is working
Paul Hodgson
User offline. Last seen 8 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Mukunda

The problem you describe is caused by the task being effort driven, the software increases or decreases the task duration according to the resources assigned to it. If you double-click on the task, view the “Advanced” tab and check the “Task Type” and the “Effort Driven” tick box. Change these settings, as you require. Not knowing the structure of your programme, I suspect you will need to set the task type as Fixed Duration, and the Effort Driven un-ticked.

Also your defaults may be set for effort driven scheduling, you change this in the Tools – Options – Schedule dialogue box.

Not an expert in MSProject, but I hope this helps.