Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problem with Schedule% and Performance % calculation in summary level

2 replies [Last post]
Mikayil Rahimov
User offline. Last seen 5 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

Dear masters,

I need your help to clarify my problem with Overall % calculation of schedule&performance % calculation. 

In my schedule : Activity Percent complete type: physical% complete. In all activities I manually enter Physical% complete. Acivity type: Task dependent. No resource dependent and no wbs summary activities. Duration type: Fixed duration and units. And the scheule is resource loaded. With this same configuration in another project schedule% complete and Performance % completes are rolled up, but in this project is not.I attached pic of schedule.Please look at the pic,at the engineering activities both schedule and performance % completes are rolled up, but  at the procurement activities it is not roll up.Have you any solution? Thanks,In advance.

Replies

Mikayil Rahimov
User offline. Last seen 5 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

David,

Many thanks for your reply. Now I understood my problem.

Thank you very much again.

Regards,

Mikayil.

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 50 weeks ago. Offline

Both Perormance percent complete and schedule per cent complete are based on money, not manhours.

The resource's price per unit is used as weighting for the rolled up values.

If you are not using P6 for costing, then the price per unit of all resources should be set to £1.00, that means of course that Performnace percent complete and schedule per cent complete are based on quantity, nit codt.