Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Distribution

2 replies [Last post]
Muthukumaru Senth...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Guys,

I want to distribute particular resource throughout the duration of the Activity "A", but when I assigned the resource and generate the report it has been assigned whole resource to the start day of the activity only.

But I created new project and assigned same resource to the another activity , there resource has been distributed through out the duration.

If you have any idea please let me know.

Thank you

Senthuran

Replies

Muthukumaru Senth...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Chris I will try

Christopher Hall
User offline. Last seen 11 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Senthuran,

It can depend on a number of factors i.e. resource assignment duration, activity/ duration type, whether you have changed activity/duration type after you've assigned the resource, budgeted units vs. default units/time etc etc.  There's to far may factors to consider why it occurred for you in this instance.  Best bet would be to trial a few setting and get a better understanding as to how P6 calculates resourcing assignments and spread which should shed some light on what's occurring.

Regards,

Chris Hall.