Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Finish date problem

2 replies [Last post]
Richard Brown
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I have just updated a plan with new start and finish dates.

On one activity i have changed the start date but i'm unable to change the finish date to the new required date. The new finish date is just 2 days more so i changed the duration by 2 but that didn't give me the required date.

Any suggestions please

Thanks

Richard

Replies

Richard Brown
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Raymund,

I'm sure i tried changing the remaining duration but i will try again on monday.

I don't understand why this one activity won't let me just enter the new finish date, could it be a constraint?

Thanks for your reply.

Richard

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Richard,

In an updated activity, if you change the Original Duration then the finish date will not change. Try changing the Remaining Duration so that Finish date will change.

Hope this will help.