Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Creating Graphs (S-curves, etc.) in P6

4 replies [Last post]
Tirtha Moitra
User offline. Last seen 2 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia

Hello Dear PP Members, 

I want to learn how can we create graphs, i.e. S-curves etc. in Primavera P6 v6.2? Do I need add-ons for this function and is there a pdf article available which I can refere to? 

I know to create histograms but don't have any idea on creating graphs. Also will be grateful if you can also let me know how can we customize graphs in P6 as we do in excel !! 

If there is already an existing thread related to this topic which I can refer to would really appreciate if you can advice me the link. 

Many thanks and looking forward to your advices !!

Happy Holidays & Season Greetings!!

Best Regards, 

Tirtha Moitra

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 41 min ago. Offline

Tirtha,

The site has not one but many P6 specific tutorials!!!

I had no idea navigating on a site was such an issue to you. It is easy just click the Home Tab and you will see I gave you the home link, click the Tutorials tab and you will get the tutorials.

I gave you the home page for you to look on the site starting from the home page, for you to look for the procedures that best serves you as not all people generate S curve/histogram directly on P6 but also export the data to Excel and generate the histogram there. A tutorial for exporting to Excel as well as a tutorial to create the histogram within Excel are provided.

Photobucket

For a start you can download the Excel template for S curves as provided on the templates page of this site. Is very rudimentary as it only display cumulative curve while very frequently we are required to provide the cumulative curve along with a superimposed histogram of periodic payments using a combination chart. Once there you shall be able to figure it out about the combination chart as shown in the following figure.

Photobucket

Best regards,

Rafael

Tirtha Moitra
User offline. Last seen 2 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia

Rafael, I think the question was about S-curves, the link which you have given is for P3 where most of the methods mentioned are not applicable for P6, where as I have mentioned clearly that I require info for P6, suggest you should read the content first clearly before putting up something. 

Let me provide you with the correct link instead http://www.toolboxforplanning.com/2010/12/tutorial-generate-s-curvehistogram-from.html How about this one? 

Again would suggest please read what is asked before just writting up something which is not required!! 

Thanks!! 

Vijay Anbumani
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

hi Tritha,

I am new to Planning Planer and i welcome to give my suggestion regarding the subject which you can find in

Primavera 6 Book

(Page 449 - 452)

Wishes & Regards,

J. Vijay anbumani

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 41 min ago. Offline

http://www.toolboxforplanning.com/

S curves are created via histograms, if histograms are not graphs what are they?