Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Is there a way to copy&paste activities between 2 opened projects in P6?

4 replies [Last post]
Ayman Eleish
User offline. Last seen 12 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

Is there a way to copy&paste activities between 2 opened projects in P6?without using WBS.

Regards,

Replies

Sethupathy Subram...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Greetings, 

Make sure of the following while copying and pasting activities between two open projects in P6

1. the calendar assigned for the activities

2. activity codes assigned (if any)

recently i  faced these problem after copying when i checked the above things i found that the calendar for activities it took a global default calendar and activity codes were never really copied. Resource assignments were proper. 

Regards

Sethupathy

Ayman Eleish
User offline. Last seen 12 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Adrian,

You are completely right but that can not be done unless you organize the layout by WBS.

Is there other method to do the same without organizing with WBS.

Thanks,

Adrian Nicholas
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Ayman,

Just Open both Projects together and copy the activities you want and paste them on to the destination project that  you want it to go to.

Cheers,

Adrian N

Adrian Nicholas
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Ayman,

Just Open both Projects together and copy the activities you want and paste them on to the destination project that  you want it to go to.

Cheers,

Adrian N