Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cost loading updates problems

5 replies [Last post]
Ahmed Mohey
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Regarding loading the schedule with cost what happens when updating that the actual cost is keeping changed for the nearly ended monthes i think becouse if there is an activity where its duration is is extended beyound its original duration so the program is re-distributing the money again on the new forcasted duration my question is is there any possible way where can i fix the money for the passed duration and only re- distribute on the remening duration only without changing the actual???

Replies

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 12 years 1 week ago. Offline

Hi Ahmed,

Ferdinand is right, you need to use Financial Periods. Check the following link http://primaverablog.in/category/important-topics/financial-periods/

If you have any questions, pls feel free to ask.

Regards

Amit

Check out my blog on Primavera at http://www.primaverablog.in

Mark Greenhalgh
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

It is best to keep actual costs in separate activities where you can absolutely control the actual dates.  Don't keep them in an activity that could have a date changed for any reason.  Have you tried Longest Path Approximator?  http://scheduling.spacetechnology.net  It is capable of moving the data date back to the beginning of the month, and then you can see the critical path.  Hint:  Ask for  a free sample!

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 6 hours 50 min ago. Offline

Beware that even with pre-defined financial periods your reports can still be wrong.

It is not unusual for payments to lag accrual periods so some data entry must be done after the period. This shall not be an obstacle to get scheduling reports that do not include financial data and then latter on reports that include financial data as accrued. Cash basis and accrual basis are not the same but job costing is performed on accrual basis no matter when the payment were performed. Cash flow on the contrary is based on the date the checks are issued.

Photobucket

Ahmed Mohey
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

i have tried it but it didnt work may be i am doing it with the wrong procedure so please if u can tell me the right steps to do it i will be great thanks so much

Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

store period performance for specified financial periods