Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problems in cost loading in Excel sheet

2 replies [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
1) I want to export P6 files into excel and then cost load in excel sheet. Since WBS headings are not exported in Excel i am finding it difficult to export.....Any solution to export primavera files along with WBS and again to import back..

2) When i export my primavera program i got 5 sheets i.e. RSRC , TASKRSRC,PROJCOST,TASK & USERDATA. But when i tried to load cost under particular resources in Budget column and then import back , my cost are not reflected in P6. it shows "Zero value" . So what is the solution to import cost in Budgeted cost column under particular resource in excel and then import in P6.

Kindly guide on above two issues......

Replies

Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
uncheck cost linked or use global change first
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Haresh,
You can include WBS name when you export data into excel. When you run the export-> spreadsheet-(xls) and reached select template, click modify and select WBS name under general. There is a forum that I explain how to import cost into Primavera using export/import spreadsheet-(xls). I believed either Option 2 or 3 is appropriate for you to use. Instead duration use your estimated cost.

Duration Percent Complete Post #3