Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Copying relationships for identical activities

3 replies [Last post]
Ahmed Fathi
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Hello everybody,

My issue is I'm having a plan for a 51 residental buildings project, in a stage of construction there will be a lot of similar activities, so I create the activities in one building then I copy them to the other buildings , now I want to make the relatioships between the activities in one building and copy that relationships to the other buildings ( of course they will take a lot of time to do the relationships for all the 51buildings separated), How can I do so?

Thanks to you in advance.

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

I'm not sure I do.

You create activies A and B in Building 1 (call them A1 and B1), and create a relationship between them.

You copy these two activities, and paste into Building 2 wbs.

You will now have activities A2 and B2 in Building 2's wbs, and there will be a relationship between them. There will not be any relationships between the activities in Building 1 and those in Building 2.

Is this not what you want to do?

Ahmed Fathi
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

But in this case the relationships would be between the activities pasted in the other building and the pervious activities in the original building, do you see my problem? Thanks :)

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

create the activities and relationships for one building, then copy and paste the activities into the next building.

On pasting, you wil lbe given the option of also copying across the relationships, resources, activity codes, etc.