Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Restrict other users from editing perticular project

1 reply [Last post]
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Guys,

what are the different ways to restrict the other users who are viewing to edit the data.

i tried to use the exclusive status to the project but again when I see the status from other users it is still in shared mode.why is this happening.

I tried with the check in and check out status but once if you check out the project the other users can check in and make the changes they require.

so guys please suggest me the way i can lock the project so that no one can edit it.

Thanks in advance

Replies

Marcus Brown
User offline. Last seen 13 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

You need to restrict the project in the database by using the OBS structures. You speicfy who can access/modify projects at the OBS level which you then assign an OBS element to a project. Are you the admin of the database?