Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Restricted dates (Potentially) How to handle them

4 replies [Last post]
Mark Fairbairn
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I am working on a project where there are many locations over a 70km stretch.  Some of these areas potentially have Endangered Animals in them and we cannot work During their mating season (Apr 15 to July 31) if the wildlife experts find any signs of the Endangered Animals in the area during that time.  All work will stop and we will not be able to continue until after July. 

I need to identify those locations so we can do our best to avoid scheduling no work during that time in those locations.  I tried using a calendar for wildlife issues but that did not work as I do not want the schedule dates to be changed I just want to be notified if we have work scheduled at that location at that time.

Can you please advise me, ....  should I use "issues"?  If so how?

Thank you

Mark

Replies

Mark Fairbairn
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Gary,

I used your suggestion and it meets my needs perfectly as I have 5 different variations on "wildlife issues"

I appreciate your help.

Mark

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Mark:

1) Add a code to your activties "Potential Wildlife Issues?" (Y/N)

2) Create a filter where code = Y

3) Create a filter "Mating season" where Start is within April 15 to July 31 OR Finish is within April 15 to July 31

4) Apply both filters

Cheers,

G

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Mark

Set up non working days on different calendars and apply them to the required activities.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Mark,

1. Suggest to use a Curtain.

2. Use Filter Highlight.

3. Notes.