Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Default Calendar in the Schedule

9 replies [Last post]
abbas india
User offline. Last seen 13 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi all,

I am developing one Schedule.

In it there are 3 Calendars. E-  8 hrs and 5 days, P- 8hrs and 7 day, C - 8hrs and 6 days.

Please let me know which Calendar I have to keep as default Calendar for the Project? (Enterprise- Projects- Defaults – Calendar)

Thanks,

Abbas

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

From Enterprise menu, select "Calendars", and then select "Add"

Choose an existing calendar to use as your start point, and give the new calendar a name.

Then select your new calendar and click "modify"

Muhammad Rahim Sa...
User offline. Last seen 10 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Can I create a new cleader in P6? Please tell me command; how to go & create new calender

R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Abbas,

You have to check your scheduling report specifications. If it does require that reporting delays shall be in calendars days then use 7 days-workweek as your global calendar.

Best regards,

R. Catalan

Cecil Batchelor
User offline. Last seen 13 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

[spammer message deleted by Gary W. If it wasn't against the forum rules, I'd be using highly vulgar and offensive language about this guy]

Shazia khan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

1. while creating  E  (Engineering) activity that time default cal should be E-8 Hr 5 days.

2. while creating P (procurement) Activity that time default cal should be P-8 Hr ---  days,

3. while creating C (Construction) Activity that time default cal should be C-8 Hr 6 Days

see the further breakdown Procurement Activity are under

TBE CBE (Tech,Bid Evaluation) etc

Activity----

1.PO release------this activity same cases  5 days work or 6 days work ( Depends up on office Timing)

2.Inspection     this may be 6 days work (factory work 6 days or may work 7 days in special case)

3.Shipment- this activity  should have 7 days cal...Material or equipment on the way by Ship or Truck etc.

This point is very important

P6 uses Global calendars for Summaries,,, as such which calendar should be used for Summarizing a group of activities having different calendars has to be your choice (Global Default Calendar,

if you know time period setting then fine ,

other set time period for each cal,

Good Luck.

abbas india

Thanks Azeez,

It clarified my doubts.

Abbas.

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 3 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Abbas,

Enterprise-> Prject-> Default Calendar is not an issue. It just sets that every new activity you make will have that calendar by default.

Hope you r using updated versions of P6, such as P6V7; as there were issues with 'Hours per Time Period' for  each Calendar previously.

P6 uses Global calendars for Summaries,,, as such which calendar should be used for Summarising a group of activities having different calendars has to be your choice (Global Default Calendar).

Best Regards

Shareef A Azeez

abbas india

hi Sarfraz,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I am assigning E calendar to Engineerin Activities, P calendar to Procuremen Activities, C Calendar to Construction activities.

My concern was which Calendar I have to keep as default Calendar for the Project? (Enterprise- Projects- Defaults – Calendar)

Thanks,

Abbas

Shah Syed Zaheer
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Ask, Abbas,

It is your choice to select the calendar you want for your project if you want 8 hr then select and assign to all activities similarly as per your requirement. If you want 6 hrs Calendar use the same.

It is purely your own choice depending upon number hrs for a day the project work goes on.

Hope the ans.

Best of Luck,

Sarfraz