Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Printing in P6 - How to Adjust what we see?

6 replies [Last post]
Alex Cook
User offline. Last seen 13 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all

I’m fairly new to P6 Software, so be gentle, I would like to know how to Print of a Plan, but how to change the settings of what we can see...

Thanks

Alex

Replies

Samantha Stasiuk
User offline. Last seen 11 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Hi, everyone I am trying to adjust the timescale on my Gantt chart.  I selected a three line timescale showing primary dates; type: calendar, Date Interval: Month/Week.  I can adjust the font and color however there is no size adjustment option.  I have tried changing this in page set-up and printing options however that is not working and when when I try to adjust in P6 in the table, font and row options that is just chaning my columns in my activities and the space between my activities on the Gantt chart.  I am using a layout: Planning layout.

If someone can help please?

Samantha Stasiuk
User offline. Last seen 11 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Hi, everyone I am trying to adjust the timescale on my Gantt chart.  I selected a three line timescale showing primary dates; type: calendar, Date Interval: Month/Week.  I can adjust the font and color however there is no size adjustment option.  I have tried changing this in page set-up and printing options however that is not working and when when I try to adjust in P6 in the table, font and row options that is just chaning my columns in my activities and the space between my activities on the Gantt chart.  I am using a layout: Planning layout.

If someone can help please?

Alex Cook
That’s great, thank you.
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
That can be done in Page setup
Alex Cook
Thanks Gary...

However, I don’t really want to lose any columns, just shrink the size so I can fit them in as well as the Gantt Chart...
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Alex,

To print a plan, go to file, print

There are many ways to adjust what is printed. Briefly:

-File, Page setup
Lets you adjust timescale, headers & footers, paper size & orientation ,etc
-View, bars
Lets you choose which timebars to display, and how they are displayed
-View, barchart options
Lets you set other options for the barchart area eg wether relationships are displayed
-View, columns
Lets you choose which columns are displayed
-View, timescales
Lets you choose the scale time is displayed in (eg weeks, months, years, etc)
-View, filters
Lets you choose which activities to display
-View, Groups & Sorts
Lets you choose how the activities are organised
-View, Layout
Lets you save the changes you make above, or load previously saved changes

Cheers,

G