Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remaing & Original Durations

7 replies [Last post]
Jatinder KUMAR
User offline. Last seen 9 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

I have two calendars in schedule
1)standard 5 Day/week with 8Hrs/Day Calendar.
2)24X 7 Calendar with 24Hrs in day.

If I change calendar from standard to 24X7.It multilies remaining and original duration by app. 4.2 times.

To me it should have changed duration from working days to Calendar day only.

Any comments???

Replies

niles luo
User offline. Last seen 13 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi Jatinder,
The function is provided in the P6v7 (the update version). P6 version6.2 or early has not this funciton.
Best Regards
Jatinder KUMAR
Sorry Niles,

I checked bother admin/user preferences.I couldn’t find that check box.I my post I wrote only user preferences.
Jatinder KUMAR
Thanks Niles,

I think this should be the problem.But I couldn’t find that check box in user preferences as indicated in your previous reply.

R u sure, is that path or location where I can find that option box??
niles luo
hi,
Maybe you should check the option: admin->admin preferencs->time periods->hours per time period -> useing assigned calendar...., this option should be clicked.
Best Regards
Jatinder KUMAR
Thanks..That is my question.Totally agree..when we use 24Hrs/Day Calendar,P6 should divide by 24 to calcludate days from Hours.

But in my case,even I am using 24hrs/Day Calendar, it divides by 8 and give original duration which 3 times more than what it should be.

niles luo
Hi,
As we know, the duration was store in hours in P6 system. The hours will not change when you chaning calendar. When you display in day, the duration will be divided by 8 or 24 according to which calendar you used. So if we change calendar from 8hrs/day to 24hrs/day the duration will be devided by 3 (24/8=3),so the duration will be shorter than orginal. If you do not want to change the duration when you changing the calendar, you should use Global change to multiply the duration by 3.

Best Regards

Jatinder KUMAR
I analyzed my problem further,,what P6 is doing..

first It converts working days to calenday days.As I have changed 24hrs/day instaed of 8Hrs/Day.it calculates

New Duration = (Calendars days X 24 Hrs )/8

I think some where I have to change my default setting if I chose 24X7 calendar,it should divide by 24 not by 8.

Any comments???