Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problem in P5 when i change "Data Date"

3 replies [Last post]
Vasilis Kastritsis
User offline. Last seen 8 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,
Im having the following problems when i try to update the activities in my time schedule and when i try to change the data date.

Here are the steps i am following to update my time schedule.

1) in the status box of each activity i enter the actual start and finish dates (in my case most of them remain the same as planned).

2) then when i run schedule (F9) inserting the current data date the program completely changes the actual dates i entered in the columns while in the gantt chart the bars are in the correct actual dates.

any suggestions to fix this problem?

please let me know! many thanks in advance!

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 10 hours ago. Offline
Vasilis,
I believed you are looking on the wrong date column. If you used Early Start and Early Finish date then all this date will move when activity is progress. Early start will be changed equal to remaining early start date. Use Start and Finish date which reflects the current date. Actual date is represented by Actual and Finish date columns.
Francis Moyalan, ...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Gents,

The ideal solution is to insert ’start’ and ’finish’ columns rather than early start or finish dates which will yield only the planned dates as ver 5.0 has got totally different definitions.

Hope this will respolve the problem.

Cheers
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Hi

Check the column title since P5 has many dates which can be represented in the activity column section

If the gantt chart dates are correct then check start and finish dates column which should match