Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Data base problems installing P5

1 reply [Last post]
richard wall
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
When trying to configure the data base i always get
SQL Server Error:[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect).] SQL Server Error: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied

I have always had this problem when trying to install p5. It looks to me the MSDE SQL server is install but not permitting the data base installation. Need help getting frustrated

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Richard

This error message is very general; so some reasons existing. In my opinion the most "popular" ones:

- You aren’t a local admin. Easy to realize: Move your cursor onto "Start" --> right mouse button --> bottom line in the small windows must be similar to "Explorer all Users". If not, log in as a local admin
- Users "Privuser" and "Pubuser" not synchronized.
- The installation had an error. Unfortunately error messages disappear during installation process. --> Uninstall and install again
- Sometimes the event log of Windows gives a reason.

Good luck!
Dieter