Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project End dates Changes when Importing

3 replies [Last post]
Amreshwar Shukla
User offline. Last seen 1 year 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All,

I have strange problem while importing the contractors program !

It gives the correct dates when I am importing on the server based database but gives the 3 days duration less, when I am importing on the laptop. If everything is same (same .xer file, same scheduling parameters ) then why is difference in the dates?

Is it due to database structure or I am missing something?

I am using P 6.0 at server and P6.01 version at laptop.

Thanks to all responders in advance.

Regards,

A.S.Shukla

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Amreshwar

Did you check the hours per day settings in the Admin preferences?

BTW if you have a maintenance contract it’s better to upgrade. Some bugs of version P6.0 (pre Oracle) became solved in P6.1.

Regards
Dieter
Amreshwar Shukla
User offline. Last seen 1 year 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Muhammad,
Thanks for the reply,
I have change the import configuration to the ’update existing" but no difference.

I think this may be due to some other setting , which I am not able to figure out this moment!!! May be due to different versions??????

Can any body help on this issue>>

Thanks.
muhammad anwar
User offline. Last seen 4 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Amreshwar,

The default setting in the import configuration option is keeping the existing calendars. It means if you have calendar with the same name as you are importing with XER then import will keep the existing calendar. what you need to do is to change the import configuration option for calendars to ’update existing’

Hope this will solve the problem.

regards

Muhammad