Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Future bucket planning

5 replies [Last post]
mike mark
User offline. Last seen 15 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
What are the steps for future bucket planning?

what should my settings be?

Replies

Ahmed Farag
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi;

Can anyone help with the following.

My previous actual units changes everytime I update (Schedule Project). I'm Sure I Untick the mark next to "Recalculate Actual Units & Cost when duration % complete changes" at project level.

note:- the actual changes to be linear change (for ex. if actual units are 24 for 4 periods each period changes to be 6 units)

WAEL ELHAJJ
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Khuong,
the distribution of resources would be even,your problem is eventually solved whenmostof this resource is consumed or installed. i usually sort out this problem while building my baseline schedule.... i never would have an activity with a duration longer than 14 days. this will evenly distribute resources yet due to this short duration and problem with distribution is finalized and sorted at actual complete. there will beno persisting error for a long period.
Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 15 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
I just know that "actual unit" is spreaded evenly. It was not populated as we planning.
I’m not sure about the remaining units. I guess it can stay as we planning.
Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 15 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi.
1) Assign resource to activity
2) Go to Assignment window to apply resource curve or manually planning unit.

Is it right that Primavera will redistribute unit after we update progress and reschedule? If so, the "future bucket planning" function is useless.
WAEL ELHAJJ
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hey mark,
what version of Primavera are you using... if you are using P6 you can allocate future resorces to an activity then define their distribution over a time period. in P6 this is possible but it is very risk, every time you schedule or run the program the resources are evenlly redistributed...
try using resource curves... theyare much better...