Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6, Duration & Day Hour Problem

6 replies [Last post]
Abeer Mahmoud
User offline. Last seen 8 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,
At P6

p6 add a fixed duration = 5 When i insert a any new activity i wonder why because before it insert one day plus to that for example when i add a duration equal 2 days for an activity will start in june 1; 2009 p6 made the finish date june 3; 2009 instead of june 2, 2009 i wonder why.
kindly note that my calander 5 working days and 8 hours per day.

please i need to solve this problem urgent
Regards,
Abeer

Replies

Abeer Mahmoud
Dear all, kindly note that When I did your steps it worked but when I made a schedule every thing backed to the same problem every thing I edited was disappeared I made this steps several times without no ends.

The only thing was solved was the default duration thanks Paul

Regards,
Abeer
Abeer Mahmoud

Dear All,
I did and checked every step you told me but I am sorry to say that it doesn’t work. Please advice.

and thanks for your replies.
regards,
Abeer
Carmen Arape
User offline. Last seen 6 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Abeer,

Having had in the past same problem, we did the following;

-Check the calendar. Very important is to verify the total work hours/day. There are two possibilities: total work hours/day and detailed work hours/day.

-If you are using more than one calendar in one schedule, a mess might happen with the update after the first “schedule run”. Try to input all your actuals before pushing the button “schedule” for the first time.

HTH (hope this help)

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Abeer,

In addition to Nestor’s information, try to check your time. Go to --> Edit --> User Preferences --> Dates Tab, under "Time" Show minutes to 12 hour then close.

Now, try to check your activity finish date, it must be 5:00 PM. If not try to change by selecting the radio button on the finish date. Under hour, adjust the time to 5:00 PM and change the date to June 2 and that’s it.

Let us know if you’ve done it.

Regards,

Arnold
Nestor Principe
User offline. Last seen 13 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Abeer,

Am encoutering same thing. Try show decimal places to your duration and you may see something 2.3 days. After making it 2.0 days and still the same, try to delete the activity and add new one. It works with me, sometimes....

Am encountering many strange things and trying to go around the problem to find solutions. Right now am blaming my little knowledge in P6. But until when?

Cheers,
Nestor
Paul Silver
User offline. Last seen 5 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Abeer,

Have a look in Admin,
Admin Preferences,
General Tab,
Default Duration.

You may need your network administrator to make the change if you don’t have the access rights.

Hope this helps

Paul Silver