Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6, Many resources usage profile w/one limit line

5 replies [Last post]
Abeer Mahmoud
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
I have 3 recources; R1, R2 & R3 with different limits,activities and resource usage profile.
Now it is required urgently from me to merge these recources to work as a one group and with one limit line to be shown in one resource usage profile how can I do this?????

Please help me in steps to follow

Thanks in advance,
Abeer

Replies

Muhmad Elshaikh
User offline. Last seen 4 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Abeer & Dieter

Thanks for you both, i have two comments:

1. for point one it is only working for labor & nonlabor resources but not for materials

2. for point two, Dieter in which interface can i find "replace by" icon, isearch on Project, resources and all i didn't find it, am using P6.7 right now

Thanks in advance

Abeer Mahmoud
Thanks Dieter,

I appreciate your help very much it worked and I am verrrrrrrrrry happppppppppppy.
Thanks a lot

Best Regards and happy day
Abeer
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Abeer

Very easy:
1. Open Resource Usage Profile
2. Push "Display..." within the lower left window the upper left corner. --> filter by --> Current Project’s Resources
3. Select your three resources (using Ctrl key)
4. In the lower right window you can see the histograms for all three with their overall limit.

If you want to see the columns as stacked histograms --> Push "Display..." within the lower right window the upper left corner. --> Stacked histogram --> work according to the help function

Good luck
Dieter
Abeer Mahmoud
Dear Dieter,

Thanks for your quick response and kindly note that I did the second alternative yesterday but I want to try alternative #1 but I don’t know how so; could you please gave me the steps to follow it.
Regards,

Abeer
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Abeer
1. If you’ll want to keep the single assignments, just select all three resources. A common curve with an overall limit will be shown.
2. You one resource with capacity of three: Create this new resource then by "replace by" (icon right border of the P6 window) move all assignments to this new resource. Then set the single res. to inactive.
Good luck
Dieter