Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6- Budgetted Labour units different to export Units

3 replies [Last post]
DAVID SMITH
User offline. Last seen 11 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Morning Fellow planners,

Here is my daily question to you today to test the knowledgable.

I have 480,000 ’budget Labour Units’ in the plan, can see them when I total up the bars. when I export my resoucres I only get 390,000.

So today’s question is - where are they going? I have checked the export filter, all good.

What am I doing wrong? not picking up etc... is there a way of showing the differences per activity. I have tried to export all sorts of different views and fields but they all seem to come out as 390,000.

All help as always is greatly received.

Cheers

Dave

Replies

DAVID SMITH
Have worked it out. There were a few activities with out a resource assigned to them, even though it had a budgetted quantity to it.

Thank you all for your help though.

Regards

Dave
DAVID SMITH
Sorry Ali, some more info:

P6
exporting via:
File - Export - Spreedsheet (xls) - resource = 390,000 hrs

Resource loading report - acctivity resource and role assignements - (in there I have selected Budgeted units) - show time intervals. = 390,00hrs

Also used the resource tab ont he left hand side (once you click the directory button).

IS this any more help?

Cheers

Dave
Ali Farhat
User offline. Last seen 14 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Please elaborate more,
you are exporting the project or the resources?
exporting to same database or to a different one?
P3 or P6?
more details would help
Regards,