Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6- export to excel to make histogram

4 replies [Last post]
DAVID SMITH
User offline. Last seen 11 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hello again,

My daily question. Have worked out how to get histograms in P6 (yet to work out how to make stacked ones, still on one resource at a time or overall histo).

B I want to export the resource loading into excel to make the histogram there. I have used some of the resource loading reports and have even modified them in the wizard, but they still do not give out the right numbers.

anyone have a method of exporting their resources to excel?

many thanks in advance

Dave

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Go to File --> Export; in the new window select spreadsheet (XLS) and then in the next window tick mark on the resources. U can add filter and sort options

Cheers,
James Shimmon
User offline. Last seen 13 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
In your activities view, on the left hand side there is a button to view ’Assignments’ - when you are in this screen you can manipulate it to show whatever you like - it will show your budgeted units for each of your resources that are assigned to activities.
Fire me your email address and I will do some screenshots for you to demonstrate
DAVID SMITH
User offline. Last seen 11 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
James,

Can not quite make out what you mean by that. can you please go into a little bit more detail.

Would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

Dave
James Shimmon
User offline. Last seen 13 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Use the resources tab on the left, sort out the timescale you want in the spreadsheet view to give hours/whatever time period, highlight the top resource, hit CTRL+A - this will select everything, CTRL+C to copy, then paste into Excel