Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Help on p5

4 replies [Last post]
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 44 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
hi
all, while working on p5, normally if u are working on in one project and open another the first one will get closed, but what happended it opened both the projects and say it showed them in the same layout, further more it gave the option to indivally schedule both of them with their own data dates.
how did it happen which button did i press, so this thing happened.

cheers
mangesh

Replies

Mangesh Khuspe
hi
dieter thanks for your help.

cheers

mangesh
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mangesh

the only way to open two projects simultaniously is to keep the "crtl"-key pressed and select the projects - either in the projects-view by right mouse-button or by File --> Open. Never I realized, that a project was not closed before others were opened.
Revert the schedule-function is not possible.
As in P3, the first line shows the opened project(s).

Regards
Dieter
Mangesh Khuspe
hi
dieter really thanks for your reply.
but the question is i did not intended to open these two projects simultaneously ( i know how to merge them together)
normally my procedure of switching between projects is, i just go to file menu and without closing the open project, i just scroll down and find the project which is listed there and click on it to open it, and then the second project opens.
1) We had a option in windows menu of p3 to switch between open projects. now using my procedure does those two projects are open at the same time or the first one gets closed and second one remains open.
i am just confused why did the both projects got opened last time in the same layout, coz it was never the same thing before.
if both projects are open at same time how can we revert back to its orignal state ( here primavera fails )(make them separate). coz i think primavera people do not belive in user friendliness.
anyway that’s life.
cheers

Mangesh

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mangesh
Sorry, I didn’t really undestand your question, but I hope the answer will fit.
It is a standard feature that you can open many projects the same time - limited by your computer’s main memory and yourself.
If you press "F9", P5 will give a warning that there are different data dates. After you’ll have pressed OK, it will schedule. If there are no inter-relationships, different data dates don’t matter - for my experience. If there are some, I’m not sure, but didn’t find any up to now.
Regards

Dieter