Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3e to Excel date format

3 replies [Last post]
Minhas Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dear Planners,
In p3e, after exporting schedule in excel format. I am getting date format with time, ’8/25/2008 4:00:00 PM. How can I get rid from time and hiphen. I need to make changes in dates. Excel can’t read this date format due to time and hyphen (‘)as a date.
Thanks

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry Minhas
it was my mistake.
If you just want to create reports in Excel and not import the data again: Same with the user preferences. Then:
1. Create a report and choose, create ASCII. P3e will create a CSV-File and you can mark to open EXCEL immediately. Separator: in General ";" works the best, with some configurations ",".
2. You create a layout with all the informations you need in the table-area --> ctrl+A to select all data --> ctrl+C --> Open EXCEL --> New file --> ctrl+V

If you’ll want to import again - I remember I stumbled over this item some time ago - it seems that you’ll have to work with copy and paste and to modify the specific figures.

Hope this will help!

Dieter
Minhas Shaikh
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Dieter.
I already have setpup in user preference but I am getting same result. Mean dates with time and hiphen. Also I am not getting same format which I have assigned in user preference.
There may be another way....or somthing else....

Minhas
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Minhas,
very easy:
Edit --> User Preferences --> Dates. The format you choose here will be used for the Export file-
Regards
Dieter